Head of the Industrial Construction Practice
Elena worked as a lawyer for large companies, including X5 Retail Group and Mechel OJSC, and acted as an advisor to GEA Group AG, a German energy holding company, and its subsidiaries.
Elena is the head of the Industrial Construction Practice.
- Construction of a terminal for liquefied natural gas (LNG) production and transshipment in the port of Vysotsk, Leningrad Region, having an output capacity of 660,000 tpa of LNG (an EPC project). The terminal has the following structure:
- a natural gas liquefaction facility with an output capacity of 660,000 tpa of LNG;
- an LNG containment tank;
- a gas pipeline branch from the cross-country gas pipeline;
- hydraulic engineering structures;
- an LNG loading jetty for liquefied gas tankers;
- a jetty for the port fleet.
- Construction of an advanced oil refining complex in the city of Omsk. Learn more about the project
- Construction of a coal refining factory at Elginskoye Deposit (an EPC project based on English law).*
- Construction of a bobsleigh track in the city of Sochi (an EPC project).
- Supply, engineering design, and installation of fan cooling towers for Nyagan State District Power Plant.
- Supply and installation of booster compressor stations for Krasnodar Thermal Power Plant.
- Construction of a poultry meat processing factory for the “Miratorg” agro-industrial holding in Bryansk Region (an EPC project).
- Advice to private investors in the course of gold mining in Sierra Leone (based on English law).
- Advice to an engineering company on a CAR/EAR insurance contract in connection with the construction of a natural and associated gas processing facility at the Yaraktinskoye Oil and Gas Condensate Deposit, Ust Kut District, Irkutsk Region, for Irkutsk Oil Company, etc.
*Under an employment agreement
Elena graduated with honours from the Russian Academy of Justice and the Russian Academy of Lawyers and Notaries, is fluent in English and has practical French skills.
- Russian School of Private Law
- University of Derby, LL.M in Transnational Oil, Gas and Energy Law
- RBC: “The future of general contractors in Russia: How to survive if you’re NotStroytransgaz”.
- RBC: “Reliable stash: How to guard against paying off a bankrupt bank’s debts”.
- Forbes: “Burden sharing. Abolition of shared-equity construction will not solve the housing problem”.
- Forbes: “The illusion of infrastructure bonds. Why did the trick fail?”
- Forbes: “Advisor in fashion: how to start a career in the oil and gas sector”.
- Legal Insight, No. 6 (12) July/August 2012. E. Stuart, I. Nevskaya: “EPC Contracts Under PPP Projects”.
- Mergers & Acquisitions, No. 11 (117) 2012. E. Stuart, I. Nevskaya: “Lifting the Corporate Veil Doctrine in the Russian and English Law Enforcement Practice”.